We work closely with a wide range of clients at the forefront of advanced engineering, delivering a comprehensive technical service and unrivalled heat treatment.
Examples of products heat treated for the general engineering sector include fastenings, particle accelerator (CERN) parts, manifolds for diesel engines in the marine sector, medical parts such as wheel chair frames, various tubular fabrications etc.
Considering ourselves as an extension of our clients business, we are able to offer guidance on material selection, overcoming potential obstacles within the material design process. We work directly with manufacturers or general machinists within any point of the supply chain.
Metallurgists are always on hand to give free advice and interpret published technical data combined with the practical knowledge required to make the optimum materials selection. They can also give advice on the best process route available for a particular component Processing advice can also be given on other metallic materials.
We also offer a dedicated service specialising in temper conversion for aluminium stockholders, enabling maximum utilisation of existing stock.
Did you know
- The engineering sector is worth £848.6 billion a year
- Engineering generates 20% of the UKs gross domestic product, three times that of the finance sector
- Over 4.5 million people work in UK engineering
- There are over 480,000 engineering businesses in the UK
- Government estimates that the renewable energy sector alone would generate 500,000 new jobs by 2020
- The UK needs to address the gender balance of engineering: in 2009, fewer than 13% of new Chartered Engineered were women
- UK engineering research is in good shape: in 2009/10, 59% – 71% of research assessed for engineering sub-disciplines was classified as internationally excellent